Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hap-bee Halloween!

When I was little, I LOVED Halloween. I would drag out the big box of decorations from the hallway closet and decorate the house. We lived in the country, though, so we never got trick-or-treaters...and mom always shuttled me into my grandma's neighborhood, or one down in town.

As I've gotten older, I don't have the same love of Halloween as I did when I was little. I HATE slasher movies (hate, hate, hate, hate them), don't really like supernatural/spooky movies (kinda hate them, too), and roll my eyes a little bit when I drive past the houses with miles of fake spider webs and a whole graveyard in the front yard.

I do love autumn, though, and I feel like a little celebration of Halloween is always fun. So, earlier this week, I carved this:

Not a traditional jack-o-lantern, but I had fun making it. I used an X-acto knife, a $2 pumpkin knife from Michael's, and--believe it or not--a jumbo open-star frosting tip.

And then I made this:
mmmmmm......braaaaaiiiiiiiins......


And this:
Mummy!

Some cute, non-scary Halloween-themed cupcakes for my husband's Halloween-themed office party.

And then, I dressed up my long-suffering dog like this, and told him to bee a good dog:

Aw! So cute!

Hap-bee Halloween!




1 comment:

  1. So, LOVE the bee costume. Perfect. Love the brain cupcakes, but - eww. Major mental block for me. And ummm, the pumpkin? My first thought: "You have too much time on your hands". :)

    ReplyDelete

Musings on life...and the delights of baked goods.