Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Pudding Can Suck It

Hello, everyone! This is going to be one of those posts that's not necessarily cupcake-related. Sometimes something just happens to me and I have to share it, because I think SOMEBODY out there will find it amusing, even if you just stumble onto my blog by accident from somewhere else (I know that happens to some of you people. I see the stats on my webpage. Welcome! Please come back!).

And yes, once more this photo has nothing to do with anything, but I need to put SOMETHING up there, and since I took it, I have the rights to it. No copyright infringing here!


So, to get to the point: All my life I have struggled with my weight. Up and down, up and down, up and down. For a while, I was really, really down, and I was so happy! And now I'm right back up. Not so happy. And finally discovering that the creative outlet that makes me the most happy is baking... well, not a recipe for success (hard-dee-har-har).

I made a bunch of cookies and sent them out to moms and grandmas and sisters and friends this last weekend, and then I made more for my heart-friend whose birthday I had missed, because let's face it--I'm a really lousy heart friend. So I made her some more of the brownies that she loved, and these old-fashioned toffee bars. As soon as she opened the box, she did a little happy dance (even though I wasn't there, I know she did a happy dance, because she told me--and my heart-friend doesn't lie) and started texting me.

This, my friends, is a true, uncensored text string:


Her: The toffee bars are super good!

Me: Thanks! My sister came up with that recipe based off one of my grandma's. (She forgot to add a cup of flour.) The mistake stuck! It's super duper easy, if you want to make them yourself.

Her: I love your food!

Me: I love my food, too. That's why I'm back to my heaviest weight. :-(

Her: Have you ever met a "good" skinny chef?

Me: No. So I take it as a compliment. I tell people, "you can't trust a skinny baker!"

Her: So true. The proof is in the waist line. The pudding can suck it!


That, wonderful readers, is what qualifies this woman to be my heart friend. Sheer awesomeness.


And yes. Both of us text without shortcuts, cutesy lingo, or ridiculous number substitutions where only letters should be. We're old school. And we're rather attached to our grammar, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Musings on life...and the delights of baked goods.